Marigold and I were Not Meant to Be: Not Sure How to Grow Marigold







Marigold, I failed you.

Your vibrant colors are the reasons I wanted you to be in my mini-garden.



highsocietymyway.com

I wanted you to grow and blossom like this.

I even imagined putting up a flower shop and you would be the main character. In fact, I researched everything about you, Marigold. According to one of the articles I gathered, you would grow even on poor soils.

So, I picked you up at the Agro Trade Fair during the Kadayawan Festival last August. The bayaw's green thumb was used to transfer you from the small pot to more spacious ground I meticulously cleaned and saved just for you.

Every time I woke up in the morning, it was always your flowers I wanted to see. I followed the advice from the expert growers of Mari on How to Grow Marigold Flowers. One of the expert's said:

"Once your Marigolds are established, they should grow well, even if left unattended. Soil should be moist, but not wet. Water them during dry periods, once or twice per week." – gardenersnet.com

I did give you a drink every 5 in the afternoon, if the weather was extremely hot. I showered you with enough water just to quench your thirst. You were flowering great.

Suddenly, I noticed some signs of your disinterest to live. Some of your leaves and flowers were withering. Tito Ley said it was normal. But I was not convinced. I made a research about it. Experts conceded that flowers and leaves of marigold do wither and it is normal. I was relieved.

One morning, while I was preparing myself for our morning chat, I realized that your leaves were turning brown and your flowers were showing signs of death. I freaked out. But I told myself it was normal. I tried to resuscitate you by giving you shade that would shield you from the sun's extreme heat. I cultivated the soil around you so you could drink the water efficiently.

But my effort did not yield positive result.

You chose to die.

Perhaps, we were never meant to be.

Other topics of interest:
Mary Jane Shoes
Buy One Take One Pizza at Picobello
Marc Jacobs for Kids
Sanuk Sandals: Need a Pair
Sweed Duco (Native) Lanzones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram