Play Guitar: Tips To Help You Play Faster


I am not a professional guitar player but I know how to play guitar. My teacher always told me to practice each day to hone my skills. There are only a few songs I can comfortably play using my own guitar. One of these songs is Green Day's Walking Contradiction. The chords are easy. But I need to practice more so I can play guitar fast.

According to my teacher (may he rest in peace), the most important thing about learning how to play this musical instrument is to start slow. You need to know the proper fingering and technique. If you have a metronome, you should set it at slow speed first then work your way up to faster speed. It could be boring at first but it could help you master how to position your fingers to get the right chords.

When you start to play guitar, you must learn how to relax yourself, your hands, wrists and arms. When you have tensed muscles in those areas, you will not be able to play perfectly. Slow it down if you get tensed when playing faster. Eliminate first the tension before you speed up.

Be patient all the time. When you are a novice guitar player, it is easy to get discouraged if you do not strike the right chords the first time. But you must understand that you cannot be like Slash overnight. You have to practice, practice, practice in order to progress.

And of course, you must have the right guitar that you can practice with. It should have the right size and is set up for your skill level. For novice players, they must use a guitar with strings that are not difficult to press down. In this way, they will not hurt their fingers when they are trying to play some music.

If the guitar lessons seem to be complicated, you should not give up. Try and try until you get them perfectly. As long as you practice each morning (I did it for a few months and it really helped me with my speed), you can improve your fingering style. Do not worry about the callouses you have developed. They can help you play better.

Okay, I will leave now and will practice how to play "The Scientist" of Coldplay again. It is a beautiful song with  difficult chords.

Photo source: live4ever.uk.com
Related topics: 
What is Copyright? -- Important Things to Remember About Copyright
How To Stop Smoking: 6 Ways That Can Help You To Quit
Mom to Be: Tips on How to be a Better Mother
Tesco Travel Tips: 4 Must Know Motoring Tips
In Fashion Design: How to Find a School Where You Can Obtain Fashion Designing Degree 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram